Wednesday 4 November 2015

Anjum Pirdaza Interview by Sabhiya mansoor

Too many spelling mistakes, Q and A should be marked accordingly. photo is need. questions about latest trends in art and design etc should have been inserted. 
 Photro of personality

Interview by Sabhiya Abro.

Javaid Pirdaza is  Prof at Institute of Art & Design , Sindh University. He was born in 1950 in Bahwalpur.

Q: When did you first know that you wanted to became an Artist?
At nine , i couldn't comprehend the complexity of space travel.I was too young to appreciate the mechanical ingenuity of a shuttle some of my art work.My mother tells me stories at night about fairytalls i imagine the pictures in my mind of that stories characters and then i draw on pages as well that thing is get me so approach to art that what you image in your mind ,make idea of your self this is the great power of being an Artist. And my real inspiration is my mother.
Did you remember the first thing you draw?
My first drawing, yes i remember.. I draw a Sparrow and the Desiny Character of Aladin jiny . That was my first drawing.
Tell us about your journey of teaching here at Sindh University?
I have lot of wonderful time in here at Sindh University , I have more passionate feel proud to being here teaching in Sindh Uni, and a very precious memories.
What do think are the most important attributes of a good teacher/instructor?
First, I would say that a teacher must know material extremely well. This might sound like a given, but sometimes teaching is an extremely complex task, and much of it comes to high personality. Unless you have an open mind, a good sense of humor, patience & excellent skill, As experience of my teaching career i got very frank  with bold teacher towards my students.
What do think are your greatest strength as an instructor?
I think one of my greatest streanghts is as a problem solver. I have the ability to see a situation from different perspectives and i can get my work done even in the face of difficult obstacles. I also feel that my communication skills are top notch. I feel just a comfortable presenting to senior executives as i do mediating a conflict between with my golieges.
What do you suggest your/Art students to built their career in the field of Art?
Art is very interesting field what ever you are , if you are good observer and feel the internal eye beauty of nature and draw things by themselves it's being a successful Artist. Taking about Art career it depend how you more work hard.
How many Solo exhibitions have you exhibited?
Not much actually, I never displayed my work. I just one exhibited of my work when i was studied in NCA National College Of Arts, Lahore in 1990.
Share your best memories of your teaching career?
I have lot of good memories in here Sindh University in my past lots of ups and downs and had a perious time here unforgettable.
Give a Message to our youth?
"keep your work-hard, do your Best in every field"

This practical work was carried under supervision of Sir Sohail Sangi     

No comments:

Post a Comment